This Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy (“Policy”) applies to the TVAcute.com website (“Website” or “Service”) and any of its related products and services (collectively, “Services”). It describes how the website operator (“Operator”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) responds to copyright infringement notification requests and how you (“you” or “your”) may file a copyright infringement complaint.
We place the highest priority on protecting intellectual property and expect our users and their authorized agents to do the same. As per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) of 1998, the wording of which can be read on the website of the U.S. Copyright Office, it is our policy to promptly respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement notices promptly.
What to take into Account before Filing a Copyright Complaint
Before sending us a copyright complaint, consider whether the use qualifies as fair use. According to proper use, brief quotes from copyrighted material may sometimes be used verbatim for things like criticism, news reporting, teaching, tv episode synopsis, movies plot, celebrity interviews, and research without the copyright holder’s consent or payment. Reach out to the user in question to see if you can settle the issue directly with them before filing a copyright complaint if you have taken into account fair usage and still choose to do so.
Please note that you may want to speak with an attorney before filing a notification with us if you are unsure whether the content you are reporting is indeed infringing.
A copy of your notification or counter-notification may be shared with third parties by us at our discretion or as required by law. You might want to employ an agent to report copyrighted material on your behalf if you’re worried about your information being shared.
Notifications of Violations
If you are a copyright owner or their agent and you feel that any content made available through our Services violates your copyrights, you may, in accordance with the DMCA, file a written notification of infringement (“Notification”) using the contact information shown below. All such Notifications must follow the DMCA rules.
The DMCA complaint process is the beginning of a predetermined legal procedure. We’ll check your complaint to ensure it’s accurate, trustworthy, and comprehensive. If your complaint satisfies these criteria, we may respond by removing or restricting access to allegedly unlawful content.
Suppose a Notification of alleged infringement prompts us to delete or restrict access to materials or terminate an account. In that case, we shall use reasonable efforts to notify the affected user of such removal or access restriction.
The Operator reserves the right, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any part of this Policy, to take no action in response to a DMCA copyright infringement notification if it does not meet all DMCA standards for such notifications.
This Policy’s procedure does not restrict our ability to use any other available legal remedies to resolve alleged infringement.
Modifications and Changes
We reserve the right to change this Policy and the rules governing the Website and Services at any time, with the modified version taking effect as soon as it is posted on the Website. We’ll email you to let you know when we do so.
The following elements must be included in your copyright infringement claim –
- Provide evidence of the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Provide sufficient contact information so that we may contact you. You must also include a valid email address.
- You must identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed and including at least one search term under which the material appears in Netnaija search results.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Must be signed by the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
Want to Report Copyright Infringement
If you want to inform us about the illegal content or conduct, visit the contact us page or email us at tvacute9 @gmail . com. We will try to reply as soon as possible.